Friday, September 16, 2011

Baby Surprise

 First I want to thank the Yarn Harlot for such a beautiful post on her blog for baby Marlowe.  Inspiring!

That is the first baby surprise and the second is that I finally started my very first baby surprise jacket for the impending arrival of my very own baby Cash.  I am using the most beautiful yarn that I got on vacation with my good friend Amber from a wonderful artist in Estes Park, CO.  Neota Designs produces the most wonderful hand dyed yarns and I haven't ever seen a red quite so deep and rich and beautiful and....red! 

I am anxious to see the whole "surprise" in the jacket and I am only hoping I can figure out how the thing goes together. 

Speaking of my friend Amber...I have been working on some sketches for her upcoming wedding next Sept. I am hoping to make her dress as I have made all of my friends' dresses.  We are in a bit of a tiff, but I am hoping everything will work out OK as it usually does with two women who know each other a little too well.  I was with her when I got the yarn for the baby surprise, and only the two of us would take 12 hours to get home on a 6 hour drive!  Needless to say it involved one of us sleeping, one of us driving and neither of us checking the map....oops!  Our men were very perplexed, but it's pretty much the run of the mill for the two of us.  You're talking away one minute and the next you are three hours out of your way....it happens!  Amber if you are reading this, I love you for who you are and I love getting lost with you! 


And for surprise number three....My main man and I finally got married last weekend!!!  I can't express how truly amazing it was to say those vows to him and recognize our commitment to each other.  My friend Amber also made me the most beautiful hairpiece and I am sorry to say that the picture does it no justice.  I didn't make my dress, as I didn't know what size I would be and happily, I was too busy knitting to really have the creative energy to make anything.  Those of you who know me will understand how rare it is for me to mark an occasion of this magnitude and not make something for myself to wear,  but when everyday you get up and don't know how big your belly is going to be, it can be somewhat intimidating to break out the shears and put them to some expensive fabric!  Instead I had a handmade headpiece and it was amazing...

No comments:

Post a Comment