Thursday, September 29, 2011

Going Back...

So, baby surprise is waiting on buttons and a bath.  So before I indulge you with baby surprise, which by the way went together practically on it's own, I thought I would take you back for a while to some past projects...

This is Rachelle's hat...it is my own design.  Sadly, I do not have a cool ravelry link for you to buy the pattern, but it is coming soon!  The flower is a Louisa Harding design.  I may have mentioned once or twice that I did get to spend some time with Louisa in the south of France (I am totally name dropping and proud of it!) and this is one of the really fun things she contributed to our knitting party.  I kind of went nutso on the flower making...as you will see later.  The yarn is Knit Picks Crayon Boucle in Lime.  Very fun. 


A couple more of my designs and as you can see, I'm flower crazy.  They're just so cute and you can take them off and wear them on a jacket or sweater if you like and so....my obsession with flowers, (excuse the pun).  These are more of my designs.  I never write anything down when I start something like this, but now I have to hold myself to it since I already said I was going to actually write down a pattern and possibly make it available on ravelry.  These are made out of my all time favorite alpaca, Blue Sky Alpaca, bulky 50/50 wool/alpaca.  I could cuddle up with a skein of this stuff every night. If it was butter I'd butter every piece of bread in the house and eat it up..Atkins be damned.

And last flower design of the day, certainly not the least.....







Once again, a gift started with out a pattern and voila!!  Cute red bag.  I did end up felting the straps, because unlike clothing, straps should just not be stretchy.  This is Brown Sheep, the most felt able yarn around.  And again...flowers.  I'm telling you, don't start with these things because one day you're just trying out the flower thing and the next day they are strewn all over your house adorning things like, coffee tables, table runners, every jacket you own.  Thanks Louise for the new addiction, as if I didn't have enough already.  (Note to Terese: I love you very much, but if you don't start using this bag that I slaved over I will steal it from you and use it for a diaper bag.  I'm not joking!)

And just to put my money where my mouth is......

Me and Louisa....looking very cheeky!!

No comments:

Post a Comment