Monday, October 3, 2011

It's about scarfing time!

IT'S ABOUT SCARF TIME!!!  Sorry...I didn't mean to yell at you I just got a little excited!  I love scarf weather.  There is just something about the crisp autumn air the puts a spring in your step.  The crisp apples, the different colors all around....I just get excited!  After the heat of this summer, it is nice to cool down and throw a scarf on.  I made this cute scarflette last Christmas for my sis.  She hates putting things around/over her head because it creates so much static..(I think it's awesome watching her walk around like she's plugged into a light socket.  Sometimes I don't even tell her that her hair looks like it's trying to reach Pluto...why would I?  It's just so darn funny.)  So this was a perfect solution, I just added a button and off she goes.  I am kind of sad to see the other worldly hair style go bye bye..but...



I love bulky wool.  I don't hardly ever knit with it because I couldn't actually wear it on my skinniest day.  It's great as and accessory, but not great if you don't want to look like the Stay Fresh Marshmallow Man. 

My favorite green scarf will be back in the rotation again this year.  It has felted  into a different version of itself.  It's still my favorite though and extra soft but the alpaca has a tendency to spring off in tiny tufts and attach to my eyeballs.  The pain we go through for our knitting...if it only knew....





HAPPY SCARFING!!

No comments:

Post a Comment