Thursday, October 27, 2011

Oktoberfest

Oktoberfest, my absolute favorite time of the year, came and went without a hitch this year....well, for the most part.


We start off with several work days and this year we decided to make the balls for the berox bigger..(I've been waiting all day to type that!) I mean, who doesn't want bigger balls, but I digress...  Anyway, everybody is happier in this state of bigger balls because bigger balls means more meat and more satisfied costumers. 

There were a few unforeseen problems, we'll start with the obvious..

1. Bigger balls use less dough.
2. Less dough usage means more dough leftover.
3. More leftover dough means making more cinammen rolls...and finally
4. Bigger balls means less berox. 

Crap.

We didn't plan on that...but what we did plan on was that there were two really big weddings going on in town and a free engagement dance at the local American Legion.  We'll be fine.  We weren't.  We sold out of those babies in a hour flat.  We had to start selling the hot berox for the food line for the people that buy them by the dozen (usually frozen), and even then we were worried about making it to our 7:30 deadline.  I left early from the stress of it (actually, I'm pregnant, and I couldn't stand on my feet anymore), but everyone seemed happy and got their berox fix.

My Aunt Emmy happily making her balls! (Seriously, it never gets old!) These balls are actually for Galuskies (cabbage rolls..no idea how to spell the German name).
Happy October (the best month in the whole calander!)

1 comment:

  1. I'm still impressed at how many times you said "balls" in this blog!! balls, balls, balls, balls! (I felt the need to participate!)

    ReplyDelete